Founded in 1926, we are a combination department consisting of over thirty volunteers and five career full-time firefighters. Our department also includes a Fire Marshal’s office that provides fire prevention, suppression, and rescue services to 12,000 of the 21,000 residents.
We are considered as District 3 on the East side of Bloomfield. The district consists of three fire houses. The head office (Headquarters) is located at 1021 Blue Hills Avenue with our substations located at 779 Blue Hills Avenue and 13 West Dudley Town Road. We are an independent municipality who sets the tax mill rate for the district and uses tax revenue for our daily operation. The district is governed by three Board of Fire Commissioners that is elected for a three-year term.